07 Oct Alumni from University of Salamanca among the “Cum Laude Awards 2022”
Source: alumni.usal.es ·
4 October, 2022
More than a hundred businessmen and managers linked to the Salamanca Firm meet at the Fundación MAPFRE headquarters in Madrid in the first edition of the Business Networking, organized together with the Castilla y León Economic and Social Council
Given the success of the call, it is planned to organize a second edition in March 2023 to promote the development of new business collaborations.
Alumni-University of Salamanca and the Economic and Social Council of Castilla y León (CESCYL) have presented the “2022 Cum Laude Awards” during the first edition of the Business Networking held at the Fundación MAPFRE headquarters in Madrid.
More than a hundred businessmen and managers linked to Castilla y León, as well as political leaders and economic and social organizations, have attended this first meeting whose main objective is to reinforce or relaunch common projects of a business and social nature, generators of interaction between the university and society. All this with the purpose of improving the field of knowledge transfer and employability, innovation and entrepreneurship.
The event featured speeches by the Chairman of MAPFRE and Alumni-USAL, Antonio Huertas; the president of CESCYL, Enrique Cabero Morán; and the Vice-Rector for Economics at the University of Salamanca, Javier González Benito, as well as Sergio Martín, a RTVE journalist and member of the Alumni-USAL Board of Directors, who acted as moderator.
After a few words of welcome, the first edition of the Alumni Cum Laude Awards, convened by Alumni-USAL, whose objective is to recognize the work, achievements and ability to be an example of businessmen and managers linked to the University of Salamanca.
Awarded in 2022
The winners of these awards had the opportunity to make an intervention to thank for obtaining this recognition. In this first edition, the winners have been:
- Summa Cum Laude Award – Entrepreneur/Manager of the Year to Bernardo Hernández, investor and advisor. Currently owner and director of Solón Inversiones S.L.
- Magna Cum Laude Award –institution of the year to the Salamanca Red Cross, collected by Jesús Juanes, president of the Red Cross.
- Cum Laude Award for the legal sector – legal to Javier Amantegui, partner of Clifford Chance.
- Cum Laude Award for the financial sector-business consultancy to Isabel Martin Arija, General Director of Caja Rural de Salamanca.
- Cum Laude Award for the communication and marketing sector to Alberto Cagigas and Luisa Alcalde, founders of the magazine Castilla y León Económica.
- Cum Laude Award for the primary sector – food and trade to Fernando Fregeneda and Jesús Cruz, founders of Gestión Agroganadera and Quesería La Antigua.
- Cum Laude award for the technology sector to Carlos Bernabéu González, CEO of Arborea Intellbird S.L (Aracnocóptero).
- Cum Laude Award for the bio-health-pharma sector to Ricardo Jara Acevedo, CEO of Immunostep S.L.
- Cum Laude Award for the tourism-horeca-sports and leisure sector to Jorge Recio, president of the Perfumerías Avenida basketball club.
- Cum Laude Award for the industrial-construction sector to Adriana Casillas, General Director of Tebrio.
Subsequently, a master class on business transformation and digitization was given by Bernardo Hernández, an expert, entrepreneur, investor and executive in the technology sector. He has held numerous prominent positions including Director of Flickr at Yahoo!, Product Director at Google and CEO of Zagat. He is currently the owner and director of Solón Inversiones S.L.
The event was attended by representatives of leading companies such as MAPFRE, CEPSA, Telefónica, Banco Sabadell, White & Case, Simmons & Simmons, BNI, Business Network International, Mediaset, NTC Pharma, among others.
Given the success of attendees at this first edition, a second edition of the event is planned for March 2023 to promote the development of new business collaborations.
Alumni is an extraordinary bridge between universities and society, thus enabling greater knowledge of business activity, promoting the transfer of knowledge and the development of employability programs, by encouraging the collaboration of graduates with those who are students in the present.